HW klic, precteni PIC

internet mail at onicom.sk
Tue Mar 4 23:06:24 CET 2003

CC/AAA  aj zamknute PIC sa da odomknut alebo zamknute PIC  si skopirujem
profi kopirovackov za 80 USD - obe moznosti funguju ....
PICBUSTER - Details Released On Internet

For a long time, some of the most frequently asked questions on Special
Projects were about Picbuster. Was it a program? Was it a device? Did it
really exist. The answer has been given in a Usenet message. It is
essentially a Welsh Poet - Dai Ode. In oth
er words, it is a diode.

The standard method of popping a PIC was to actually remove the top of the
chip and re-engineer the fuse. The method described opposite is effectively
the cheapest solution. Of course other methods exist.

The standard result when the fuse is reset is that the complete memory of
the PIC16C84 is reset. In the normal programming mode there is a large
difference between the programming voltage (approx 13.8 Volts) and the
supply voltage (5 Volts). In the Picbu
ster as described opposite, the recommended difference is approximately 0V5.
The voltage drop across the diode is 0V6 to 0V7. The 0V5 voltage
differential may not be enough to reset the entire memory but is enough to
alllow the fuse to be reset.

The publication of this information on the Usenet does provide other
problems. Most of the pirate smart cards in use at the moment are based on
the PIC16C84. The widespread knowledge of how to hack these chips means that
the market can become over- satur
ated with pirate cards.

To date the pirate cards have been upgraded in a trickle-down manner. A few
companies at the top of the chain figure out the fix for the new ECM and
implement it. The details of the fix are then sold on down the chain until
finally the whole market has b
een upgraded. In effect it is almost feudal.

It would be easy to think that this would benefit the hacked channels more
than the pirates. That would of course be wrong. The net result of the
publication is that the knowledge of the system is spread more widely than
before. Therefore the more people
 who understand the system, the quicker the turn around between ECM and fix.

The widespread availability of the knowledge to pop the PIC16C84 is making
some pirate card manufacturers rethink their strategy. One notable change
has been the Benedex - Futuretron Battery card. This card uses the Dallas
Micros chip rather than one fro
m the PIC16* series. Another option is the reprogrammed Sky 09 card (see
separate story in this issue).

The PIC16C84 is widely used. In some applications it is used to control
electronic locks such as those used on some of the more up market cars.
There was a court case in the UK last year where the defendant was convicted
for having in his possession a de
vice that snatched the RF data from these electronic keys and replayed it to
open the locks. The use of Picbuster could be dangerous if it showed that
there was a backdoor code (bad pun) that could be used by garages in the
event of the car owner losing
his electronic key.

It is almost certain that Arizona Microchip have implemented some sort of
modification to PIC16C84 die. This modification would of course take some
time to filter into the market. Most of the pirate cards at the moment are
recycling the PIC16C84 chips fr
om 07 pirate cards. There have been some rumours that the Picbuster does not
work with some of the more recent 1995 batches.CC/AAA
This is the Usenet Message that gave the details of PicBuster.

Article: 16241 of alt.satellite.tv.europe